In this article, David Michaels maintains that “almost all work-related injuries can be avoided, and that safety at work and operating excellence are closely related”. He proposes seven steps to reach that goal.
- Involve upper management
- Promote safety by using the right incentives
- Consider that human mistakes are a consequence of an operational failure
- Set an ambitious objective of no injury and require that all injuries be reported
- Focus on advanced indicators that measure progress
- Implement a health and safety management system
- Welcome a regulator as a “cheap consultant”
- Read the full article by David Michaels (en anglais). Source : Harvard Business Review
Do you know the Health and Safety application SIGMA-HR.net?
A complete and integrated solution to help you protect the health and safety of your employees and reduce significantly your contributions to the workers’ compensation board. For more information on the module.